Our History

Wilson AC & Appliance was founded in 1949 by J.W. Wilson, Jr. and his wife, Lurline. Upon his return from serving in the Pacific during WWII, J.W. decided to learn about television and radio repair.At that time Channel 4 out of San Antonio was the only television station on the air. J.W. took a course on television repair and began serving an area in and around Austin and San Antonio.

Sixty plus years later, the company is still family owned and operated by Trey and Gay Lynn Wilson and continues to serve Austin and the Hill Country. Though no longer in the television and radio arena, Wilson AC & Appliance has focused its energy around selling and servicing the best appliance and central air conditioning products available, as well as offering kitchen and bath design, cabinetry sales and installation.

J.W. Wilson opened the original store in 1949 on the west
end of Dripping Springs.

 

Lurline Wilson hands out candy to trick-or-treaters in the showroom circa 1981.

The original store was restored and remodeled after a fire in the 60's.

 

The Wilson family. (From left to right: Trey & Gay Lynn Wilson,
J.W. & Lurline Wilson, David & Judy Knopp, Gavin Wilson